Sureassert UC is a continuous testing and coverage reporting engine for Eclipse that also introduces the concept of Exemplars.
An Exemplar encapsulates a single typical use of a unit of code – a Java method – defining how it should be invoked, what on, and what output is expected, and potentially how to stub external calls, verify behaviour, and more. Effectively, an Exemplar is a structured declarative way of defining a unit test for a method.
Exemplars define your tests but require an execution engine to run them. Sureassert UC integrates with Eclipse to provide a continuous testing capability for both Exemplars and JUnits.
This section introduces the key concepts that underpin Sureassert UC.
- 1.1. Declarative Unit Testing with Exemplars
- 1.2. Continuous Unit Testing
- 1.3. Real-time Test Coverage Reporting
- 1.4. JUnit Integration
- 1.5. About Adding the Sureassert Dependency
- 1.6. About Adding Declarative Tests to your Production Code
- 1.7. Use Cases
- 1.8. Stubbing and Mocking